Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cavemen Vs Astronauts - Weapons TBD

If you've been reading this blog for a while, you should know where the above comes from.

I'm kind of on the side of the cavemen for a couple of reasons: one, the astronauts may be better trained and have the ability to coordinate (can the cavemen even speak?), but the cavemen kill things and eat them for a living. Assuming an otherwise-even playing field, cavemen win easy. Two, take away our technology for just 24 hours and we're completely lost. "Do the astronauts have weapons?" indeed. If they do, cavemen need to run and hide until the batteries on the weapons run out. Third, as the superiority of music from before I was born over current music clearly demonstrates, we've clearly lost something in just the last 20-odd years.

Speaking of!

I have never noticed the plane buzz by at the 2:30 mark in Iron Maiden's "Where Eagles Dare" before. It's pretty awesome.

Now, let's keep the ADHD train shifting tracks by talking about new covers of old songs. Stop it. Stop it right now. That's like asking George Lucas to re-write Hamlet. Yes, the original Star Wars trilogy was awesome and contained roughly 300% more explosions than all of Shakespeare put together. And yes, Willie Shax had some clunkers. So what? Hamlet is Hamlet. Leave it the hell alone. I don't need 400 threads on the fan-sites saying how Yorick will feature in the prequels or how Polonius shot first. So: new artists: if you want to demonstrate proper respect for older artists' songs: leave them the hell alone.

The comma button on my computer is dying. I am amused to find that the colon works nearly as well.

Heck, my computer's been really slow recently. I can't tell you the number of times that I've been on YouTube and the "now" marker has caught and killed the "loaded" marker, and that's not because I have trouble remembering what comes after eleventeen. It's because my internet is really bad. In the time it took me to look up "anti-cavemen techniques" on Wikipedia, they'd kill me and eat me.

So yeah. Cavemen always win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post-Craig review: From Russia With Love

One of the rules of this project is that I'm not allowed to start writing one review until I've finished the previous one. An except...