Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blooger Indeed

Whoops, looks like the Megareunion is slightly more complicated than I thought, but the short answer is that what I said in my original post on the subject is correct: LoMenzo got shafted so Ellefson could come back. Ah well. James' myspace post doesn't seem resentful; I guess you know going into Megadeth that your number could come up at any time.

Also, I'd like to amend something I said in another earlier post about the Big Four playing Orion. Ellefson's no slouch; I'd like to see him take a whack at that solo at the end. I'm not saying I think LoMenzo couldn't do it; it just seems that James was a hired hand, whereas David Ellefson's the closest thing Megadeth has had to a second permanent member. And really, Metallica's been using hired hands on the bass ever since Cliff died; if that sounds like an insult to Jason, check out the number of songwriting credits he had in a 14-year period with the band versus Cliff's credits in four. So what I'm trying to say is that since Cliff isn't, well, available, the bassist-who-is-not-Cliff-Burton that I'd most like to see take a whack at it is Junior. And no, I don't really care about Anthrax or Slayer. I get that Scott Ian is the go-to guy anytime VH1 or MTV want to do a documentary on thrash metal, and I get that Reign in Blood is teh br00tul. I just don't care about those bands as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post-Craig review: From Russia With Love

One of the rules of this project is that I'm not allowed to start writing one review until I've finished the previous one. An except...